Titanic Gazette Souvenir Shop

Titanic Gazette Souvenir Shop

Titanic Gazette Souvenir Shop

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Titanic Historical Society 50th Anniversary Day 1

Today was the kickoff for the convention.  We had an exciting day and I got to meet some of my Titanic heroes such as Ed and Karen Kamuda, Don Lynch, and George Behe.  More are expected tomorrow.  We got to the Springhill Suites hotel which is very nice in Pigeon Forge, TN and my Mother and I immediately got dressed.  We planned it out to where we would go as 3rd class passengers to the first dinner, 2nd class passengers to the 2nd dinner, and 1st class passengers at the 3rd dinner.

We got there and sat down at the same table as a Titanic friend of mine that I've known for several years over the internet but just today got to meet in person, Tim Trower.  We had a wonderful time and the food was excellent.  We had a good southern style meal with barbecue ribs, coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, biscuits, peach cobbler, and ice ceream.  After eating, we listened to Ed and Karen Kamuda talk about the founding of the Titanic Historical Society and what it's done in later years.  I had no idea how much the THS has been involved in so many projects and basically planted the seeds that led to the discovery of the Titanic and her sister ship, Britannic.  It was interesting to see a man who as a boy had an interest in the Titanic and how that led to the leading Titanic community.  I can't wait to learn more as the convention continues!  Just tonight has allowed me to hear a wealth of information.

For those who want pictures, they will be posted after I get home.

No comments: