In 1912, not only did the TITANIC sink on April 14, but other things happened like this:
1. On November 5, Woodrow Wilson won by a landslide against William Howard Taft in the presidential race.
2. On June 30, Emperor Meiji of Japan died.
3. Beginning on May 5, the Summer Olympics were played in Stockholm, Sweden.
4. On February 14, Arizona was established as the 48th state to join the Union.
5. On January 1, Chinese Republic was established.
6. On April 12, Clara Barton the founder of Red Cross and Civil War Heroine died.